Sunday, November 2, 2008

"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new."

Albert Einstein said that and I couldn't agree more. It is with that spirit that I begin my journey into blogging! I've heard that blogging is the way to go...keep the world up to speed on what you think, what you do and how you feel. That sounds pretty cool to me!

As a real estate professional, I have an obligation to know as much as I can about the city I live in. I help people buy and sell homes, but I also help people choose a lifestyle. This got me thinking about my lifestyle. I happen to love my lifestyle. I live in the Highlands and love everything about it, but having settled in to my neighborhood, I find myself eating in the same restaurants, taking my dog on the same walks, going to the same shops. Mind you they are great restaurants, dog walks and shops, however this settling has caused me to stay closer to home these days.

I get to experience the rest of Denver through the eyes of my clients and through the filter of the needs and wants of their family. I love it but I don't get out and experience it the way I used to. I rarely drive across town anymore to the new restaurant in Park Hill or go for cocktails at the new bar on S. Broadway because I have so much right here.

Well, folks, it's time for a change. I want to get back out there and rediscover my city! I want to go to the new restaurants and bars instead of reading about them in 5280. I want to shop in the new shops, see the new exhibits, shows and concerts, experience the new trails, go to the farmer's markets, check out the festivals! Denver is a city of rich history, beautiful landmarks, parks and architecture. I want take on all if it and tell you all about it!

So this is my platform. I won't just be your source of real estate information, I will to be your source of lifestyle information. Check in often to find out what I love about Denver!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

great blog lane! roasted chile's...are the bomb!

and, i love this albert einstein quote.
adventuring for something new.
mistakes and their gift of learning/gaining from them...enormous!!

kally

Anonymous said...

Hey daughter,

Nice blog! Well done as always! I just learned about blogs last night in my computer class. It's awesome! I was googling you and found your blog. Take good care!

Love, Jo Mama